Seok-min Park (38-NC Dinos) is ending his 20-year professional career.
“Park announced his intention to retire to the club earlier this month,” a representative of the NC Dinos said on Sept. 29, adding, “The team was in the middle of the postseason, so we didn’t have any specific discussions, but we decided to accept his decision.”
“In July, I was dropped from the first-team roster due to injury and decided to retire because I thought I could no longer help the team,” Park told Yonhap, adding, “I told coach Kang Myung-hwa and the club at the end of the season.”
Park was a top-notch third baseman.
In 1,697 games, he batted .287 with 269 home runs and 1,041 RBIs. He also had a 0.402 on-base percentage and a 0.491 slugging percentage, showing his versatility.
He won the Golden Glove for third base in 2014 and 2015, and won five Korean Series titles with the Samsung Lions (2005, 2011-2014) and one with the NC (2020).
Park began his professional career in 2004 when he was drafted by the Samsung Lions in the first round, and after completing his military service, he has been Samsung’s starting infielder since 2008.
Ahead of the 2016 season, Park signed a free agent (FA) contract with NC for a four-year maximum of 9.6 billion won, the highest in the KBO at the time.메이저사이트
In 2020, he became a free agent again and signed a 2+1 year deal with NC for up to 3.4 billion won.
Park Seok-min, who played a key role in NC’s first integrated victory in 2020, has since been dropped from the starting lineup. In 2021, he was also disciplined for violating the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine rules.
After suffering from injuries and poor performances this season, batting just 0.193 in 30 games, Park decided to say goodbye to the field.